Few days back, Amazon announced, Starting May 11, 2018, new members will be charged $119/year for an annual Prime membership and $59/year for an annual Prime Student membership.
Starting June 16, 2018, existing Prime members with an annual membership will renew at a rate of $119/year. Prime Student members with an annual membership will renew at a rate of $59/year.
Monthly Prime members continue to pay $12.99 per month. Monthly Prime Student members continue to pay $6.49 per month.
If you are an existing member and expiring your membership after June 16th:
- Either cancel you current membership and buy a new one or
- Purchase a gift membership and redeem when you current one ends.
Some of the primary benefits of Amazon Prime memberships are:
- Free 2-Day Shipping on all Prime Eligible items with no minimum
- Free Same Day Delivery on selected eligible items
- Free 2-hour delivery from Whole foods stores in selected zip codes. Always adding more stores.
- If you don’t need an item immediately, opt for Free Standard Shipping and get free amazon credits.
- Exclusive Amazon Prime Members deals + early access to Lightning Deals
- Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs
- Instant streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video
- NFL Thursday Night Live Streaming
- Unlimited photo cloud storage
- Access to over 700,000 free eBooks
- Twitch Prime Included w/ Free Exclusives and Games
Hurry up and renew the memberships before June 16th or if you are buying it buy it now before 5/11 to save $20 on the annual membership plan.